Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rockin' & Rollin' at LiFest!

God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good (Thank you Peder Eide)! I spoke this morning at LiFest, and I believe God spoke through me and despite of me. Besides, it's His message, not mine. So, of course, it went well. When we carry Christ's Gospel of love, He can do amazing things. I feel very affirmed in what happened today, and I know that I am blessed to be one of many carriers of that carrier of the Gospel. Today's talk was about the power of forgiveness. When we forgive those who have hurt us, I believe powerful things happen in our lives.
1. We show that we have accepted God's gift of grace in our own lives. He always and endlessly forgives and loves us through the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We stand in obedience to Jesus, maintaining our fellowship with Him and with those around us. He is all about forgiveness, and He commands us to do the same. When we follow his lead, and obey His commands, we are all better for it!
3. We heal! When we have been hurt, we become broken. And the deeper the hurt, the greater the brokenness. Sometimes justice is needed and warranted, but know this...justice will not heal our brokennesss. Justice will not end our bitterness and anger. Only forgiveness will. I truly believe that complete healing will only happen through forgiveness.
4. We show Christ to the world. We are all called, as Christians, to be witnesses and lights to this hurting and dark world. There may be no more powerful witness to Christ's love than when we forgive those who have hurt us most. The world wants us to seek revenge, but Jesus calls us to forgive. When we do forgive, others will see Jesus. Amen.

Today has been a true blessing as I have met many great people. I have also learned that White Sox fans (Chicago fans) Twins, Vikings (Minnesota), and even Packer fans can be really great people (right Lydia from Fon Du Lac!). I didn't think it was possible, but, once again, I've been proven wrong! Ha Ha! I love you all, and I'll talk to you later. Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Spanky all thing asre possible through Christ our Lord. Phillippian 4:13..(Lydia from Fond du lac)