Tuesday, July 6, 2010

One day until LiFest

Wow! I can't believe that LiFest starts tomorrow. I hope everyone is praying to be in tune with the Holy Spirit while we're there. I don't feel that we have to pray for the Spirit to be there. I know it will be there. It is just a matter of all of us letting the Spirit carry us while we're there.
And speaking of letting the Spirit lead....I had the opportunity to do the preaching at my church on Sunday, July 4th. It was a great day to reflect of freedom. I am thankful for the freedoms we have in this country...freedom to worship regularly, freedom to attend awesome music festivals like LiFest, freedom to live peacefully, etc. The freedom I am most thankful for, however, is the freedom that I have in Christ. I am free from the bondage of sin and fear. I am free to love Him and my neighbor. I am free from even thinking that I have to be perfect or measure up to a certain standard. Now certainly I want to live to please God, but I am free to make mistakes, knowing that we have a gracious, loving God, who always redeems us through His son, and our Lord, Jesus Christ. And, I am free to realize the more I rely on His strength and less on mine, the less mistakes I make. Freedom in Jesus is the best freedom one could ever have. The more I realize that, the better my life is. Amen.

No comments: