Friday, January 31, 2014

Extravaganza- Day 1

Hey Friends! I am in St. Louis at the ELCA Youth Ministry Network Extravaganza. This is a conference for youth workers, pastors, lay leaders, etc. - anyone who does youth ministry. It is a chance for us, from across the country, to gather for refreshment, renewal, networking, worship, and learning. It is a great opportunity for me to keep growing as a minister to and with our young people, their families, and our congregation.
I arrived yesterday, got settled, found out when and where I will be leading my workshop, exercised, and started getting in the groove. Today, I met and practiced with a group of musicians who will be leading worship. Yes, I weaseled my way into some stage time as part of the worship team. It's OK, they invited anyone to join. This afternoon I am looking forward to attending a couple of early bird workshops and then will be at worship tonight!
In the meantime, I am getting ready to go on a free brewery tour! Gotta have a little fun too!
Thanks for reading.  There will be more to come later.
Amen.

No comments: